Subsequent Funding for Projects Already Funded by BaCaTeC
The aim of this program is to facilitate successfully concluded initiatives already supported by BaCaTeC in expanding and in recruiting other, more extensive funding through third party sponsors. The program aims to aid project partners in further developing germ results of BaCaTeC-supported initiatives into leading joint research collaborations and toward securing concrete means of further development and other financing.
All successfully concluded projects formerly supported by BaCaTeC and in need of temporary financing are eligible for funding toward further project development under the stewardship of more comprehensive, third-party funding. The offer applies to all projects to have received funding from BaCaTeC in the five years prior to begin of the subsequent funding from BaCaTeC.
Funding proposals should demonstrate concrete plans and may not exceed a maximal sum of 20,000 Euro. BaCaTeC stipulations restricting travel expenses do not apply. In addition to travel expenses, the temporary funding may be applied to material and personnel expenses.
Requirements for Applicant Projects
- Applications may be submitted semiannually by BaCaTeC’s deadlines of April 15 and October 15.
- The applicant project must already have been financed by BaCaTeC within the ca. five years prior to begin of subsequent BaCaTeC funding.
- The results of initial financing must be deemed of scientific excellence and documented in relevant journal publications.
- Realistic prospects for further funding following conclusion of subsequent BaCaTeC financing must be named and pursued. Applicant projects should pursue stable funding horizons of multiple years.
- The original project partners must continue to be involved in further pursuit of the project’s target objectives. Under justifiable extenuating circumstances, partners may by exception be substituted by colleagues.
- The inclusion of additional project partners is possible. Additional partners need not be situated in Bavaria or California.
- Continued, subsequent funding through BaCaTeC may be granted only once per project.
Decisive in the review of applications are the following:
- Prior submission of a final report for the project initiative under www.bacatec.de,
- Positive progress of the funded project, to be briefly characterized in the Application for Subsequent Funding,
- At least two joint publications in PubMed listed journals,
- Scientific need for further funding,
- Continuation of the project by the Bavarian partner to the initiative, or a representative to continue the project in its intent on behalf of the Bavarian partner,
- Realistic prospects of further, third party funding following conclusion of the goals pursued under subsequent BaCaTeC funding.